Saturday, August 13, 2011

Signs


In the previous post I listed two of the themes I was pursuing with my picture taking during our vacation. Another theme was signs. I was looking for interesting, nice looking, and colorful signs. The criteria for inclusion in this gallery were lower than the glass and mirror one. Some of these are simple vacation snapshots. The two below are good examples:


They are not exactly master pieces. The left one I took because it seemed such an important place. Is this where they make physics? Do they govern it from here? Who are they? This was just a building along a street we walked. It didn't seem to be associated with any kind of higher institution like a university or maybe the Queen's palace. Can I go there to complain, if I feel gravity is too high?



Others, like the one above, were place we have been or shopped at. Most, however, stood out for one reason or another. They were particularly artistic, or seemed to have hung in place for centuries and were there to announce the location of a business still in operation.




And then there were some that just seemed whimsical. As usual, you can look at all the pictures in this series in my picasa album.


Do you want more or fewer humps?

No comments:

Post a Comment