Friday, June 24, 2011

My Sinks

I spy three things wrong with my sink!




No complaining about my Ironman training this week. I'm still fretting it and I know I'll be back in panic mode soon enough, but I thought I'll change the topic for a couple of posts. Although, I did find a cool quote yesterday when I was trying to calculate my optimal bike pace in the hills of Switzerland:

"If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, triathlon must have taken Him completely by surprise." P. Z. Pearce, M.D.
Anyway, Can you identify the three things wrong with my bathroom sink? Yes, the Stöpsel and chain is missing (I mean plug ;-), but what is it with this two-faucets-four-inches-apart thing? I know it's the British' fault, but why have the Irish kept this design? We're approaching a hundred years since the British left. The apartment is less than two years old!
How are you supposed to wash your hands exactly? When shaving, I alternate between splashing cold and hot water on my face. Just another thing I don't understand.
It's not like they don't know how to do it right. It takes me ten steps (yes, I counted real quick) to go from weird to normal:

Normal

They know what makes sense. Why would they chose weird?
Granted, even in the kitchen when you turn on both faucets, the single stream of water coming out is distinctly hotter on the left side than on the right. I have no idea how you would accomplish that. The Irish do, though.
Oh, and the third thing wrong with my bathroom sink? Blue on the right is hot and red on the left is cold. In the kitchen red is hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment