Thursday, March 17, 2011

St. Patrick's Day in Dublin


I went to the city center today to watch the parade. I forgot that this was a holiday and buses would run even less frequently. When it finally came, it was the one that took the long route into town. As we approached the town center most people got off, because walking was faster. I thought I had missed the parade, since I was about an hour late, but was able to overtake some of the floats and marching bands, and get some pictures. Have a look.
Note that most of these were taken near the end of the parade route. That explains the tired looks on some of these performer's faces. By that time they hand been in the parade for over two hours and very ready to be done with it.
RTE 1, one of the national TV stations, covered the event and lets you watch it online. I don't know whether that link works outside Ireland, but try to catch it here: Parade coverage (I'm curious to know whether this link works outside Ireland. Post your report in the comment.)

1 comment:

  1. The RTE link works - It's an hour long program about the parade.

    ReplyDelete