Wednesday, March 16, 2011

My first blog post! So ever ;-)

Ok, so I created this blog for people who are interested in what is happening to me, and what it means to move to another country, in another continent, and start a new job. I never had a blog and right now I'm thinking I'll write about things that I encounter and experience. I expect that will be a few things per week at first, and then fewer and fewer as time goes by and I start to think this is normal ;-)
I have been here in Dublin for a little over three weeks now and things are beginning to stabilize: I have an apartment not far from work and a major shopping center; I have Internet at "home" (the first two weeks without it felt like prison!); I have an Irish bank account, possibly with money in it, but I can't access it yet; and I still get more mail for the people who used to live here than stuff addressed to myself.
I have started to ride my bike and jogging. Not a single swim yet, but probably this weekend. The Irish National Aquatic Center is not far from here, and I get a discount through IBM for a yearly membership.
Not a single picture taken yet: too busy getting set up, and mostly miserable weather ;-) I also need to buy a new battery charger that can handle 220 Volts.
Turns out the one that came with my camera cannot. So, real soon now...
Feel free to tell other people about this blog, but it is really intended for people who know me and want to stay in touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment