Friday, April 8, 2011

The Oath of a Rat

I know I didn't say anything more about stupid Ironmen after I hinted I would in my previous post. I ran out of time and energy last night. I will, real soon. In the meantime, I continued my training with a Friday evening easy bike ride. As usual, I ended up somewhere other than I had planed.


I had seen signs to the town of Ratoath on previous journeys, but knew nothing about it. Since I was close, and needed a couple more miles, I decided to go check it out. It looks like a nice, clean, and active little town. On my way through it, I saw the above tower and took a picture. Back home I found out that this is a quite old cemetery, which probably has another, even older cemetery underneath it. You can get a partial list of the current inhabitants (and a picture from a different angle) at this web site.
It turns out the town's name has nothing to do at all with rats or oaths, as wikipedia explains. But, they do have an Olive Garden that serves Guinness!

1 comment:

  1. Please promise me we will never have dinner at an Olive Garden when we live in Ireland. Please!

    ReplyDelete