Sunday, April 22, 2012

Sunset


I have been very busy lately with work and have not had much time to blog. Last week I was first in Dallas for a funeral and then spent a week, mostly working, in Albuquerque. Within the last year both Lee Ann's parents passed away. My condolences Michael, Lee Ann, John, and Stacy.
March was a beautiful and warm month here. People dressed in short sleeves and enjoyed being outside. This month has been quite a but colder and also more rainy. Since I have been back, the day would start out sunny and then produce a heavy but quick downpour of rain in the afternoon. In the evenings, with the dissipating clouds, we would have beautiful sunsets.
So, yesterday evening, I hopped into my little car and went looking for a good spot to take some sunset pictures. I came across the cemetery above just after sunset. The sky was beautiful and the crosses and trees were large, looming shadows.


It was a nice evening and I drove around a little bit to find the perfect spot. I have been meaning to do that, but never seem to have the time, and, until recently, no convenient, quick transportation. I need to do more scouting to find a really good place.


I did manage to get a few decent shots.


But of course, I was not alone out there. This one was watching me the whole time I was standing there snapping pictures. Although I was probably about 200 yards away, she (he?) noticed me right away, kept two eyes on me, and did not move until I was back in the car.

2 comments:

  1. It's so fluffy, I love it!!

    Pretty sunset pictures too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rolf! These are beautiful!. The bird on the cross - and then the watchful sheep. I'm glad you got a car. Take more.

    ReplyDelete