Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Houseboats


Even though Arun suggested it, I don't think we'll be living on a houseboat anytime soon. I was nearby a place today where a bunch of them are moored, and thinking of his comment I could not resist taking a picture of one. Traveling with one of them through Ireland involves going through locks like the one below. Most places you have to operate the lock yourself, since there is not enough traffic anymore to employ full-time lock wardens (or whatever they are properly called).


I was near the lock and the houseboats today because it was on my way to go look at a house for rent. I took the bus to Castlenock and the train from there to Leixlip.


See? ;-)

Unfortunately, one of the tenants had gotten sick and they would not allow visitors today. It would have been nice for them to call yesterday, before I went on this journey, but at least I got a few pictures and another blog entry out of it!
Of course, then I had to come back again:


See? ;-)

By the way, Dublin bus now has a phone app that shows you where the buses are and how much longer it will be until ones arrives at your stop. This improves life greatly.
I have seen the above bus before (I didn't actually ride in it). I guess you can rent it, if you'd like to have your wedding in a Dublin bus; or at least move your guests around in one. I think I'd prefer a houseboat!

No comments:

Post a Comment